It’s the season of twinkling lights, Santa’s gifts, jingling bells and endless New Year resolutions. Christmas and New Year’s Eve are soon to knock on our doors. And with the pandemic worries long gone, people are in high spirits and ready to celebrate like never before.
Brands, listen up! It’s time to buckle up and get your festive groove on. According to CAIT (The Confederation of All India Traders), shoppers across the country bought products worth INR 1.75 trillion in Diwali 2022, which is 40% more than last year’s record-breaking sales.
If anything, these Diwali statistics are proof that with the ever increasing demand, marketers need to be well prepared to end the year’s last festive season on a high note as well. It’s a goldmine!
Pop presents – marketing tips you need to finish the festive season with a flourish.
- UPDATE YOUR DESIGNS
Giving ads and posts a look and feel relevant to Christmas, is a given. But there’s more you can do to put your audience’s minds in the ‘festive shopping’ zone.
Decorating your website (or homepage), social media cover images & profile pics, and product packaging could be a crucial part of your Christmas marketing strategy. Decorations act as visual cues, evoking a warm and fuzzy feeling for viewers when they visit a website or IG page or unbox a product. And that’s what people crave for. That feeling.
So use the bold red and green hues with pictures of all things sparkling and Christmassy. It’s known to invoke the holiday spirit and alludes that you’re offering something special and exclusive for Christmas – even if you aren’t! And the result is a sweet surge in sales.
- GET YOUR CAMPAIGN AND OFFERS EVERYWHERE
Customers are on a treasure hunt to get their hands on the best deal during the festive season. How many times have you looked for a Christmas offer or a delayed purchase due to an upcoming New Year sale? We do it all the time, right? When the customer is actively seeking your presence, it’s important to be omnipresent with your campaigns and offers.
But being omnipresent requires more than marketing through multiple channels. It needs relevant messaging, consistent efforts and interactive engagement. Let’s take a look at a few ways to achieve that this season.
- Go to your audience: Omnipresence for a brand is following your audience and being present there. Do your customers read blogs, newspapers or prefer TV ads? Leverage anything they might use.
- Build a dedicated landing page: Direct all buyers to one specific page where the offer is highlighted. Each and every touch point should drive traffic to one page which has the offer details highlighted in the forefront.
- Collaborate with non-competing brands: Because you know your consumer is not just yours! Take advantage of that and collaborate with other non-competing brands to draw attention.
- VIDEO IS THE WAY TO GO
India is one of the biggest consumers of videos in the world today, with over 5 billion views every month. The pandemic has left us hooked to our screens and videos are a total crowd pleaser. Let’s take a look at 5 essential video trends you need to keep up to get the jingle bells ringing this season.
- Interactive videos: VR technology is a part of our world now, and its popularity is growing. At such a point, it’s high time brands adopt it and use it to connect with their consumers.
- Short form videos: They ruled 2021, and the growth of Instagram reels can attest to that. Short form videos can be up to 15-20 seconds long even, but they’ll help you reach a wide range of audience. Leverage short form videos to increase your organic reach this holiday season.
- Sequential storytelling: According to YouTube’s research, 74% of users remember sequential ads better than the standard 30 sec ads. Therefore, creating videos based on the principle of a sequential story is a good strategy.
- Shoppable videos: These videos help brands immerse users in a unique story and help them make a purchase decision. So create shoppable content. It cuts out twists and turns from your consumer journey, making it more direct and increasing the probability of a purchase.
- User generated content: Consumers trust a user review rather than a monologue of you explaining the quality of your product. Advertise through your existing customers, get their feedback on video and some positive reviews, make them your endorsers, and you are sure to have a merry return.
- INFLUENCERS LEAD THE WAY
Today, influencers have bridged the gap that celebrity marketing couldn’t. People admire celebrities, but celeb endorsements come at a high investment.
Influencers are a safe bet when it comes to establishing trust with a brand, they’re a direct and unfiltered connection to your consumer. They’re the new media outlets giving your brand online visibility to your niche audience.
For FMCG products, it is advisable to pick influencers with different audiences to cover all your bases. Get to the right audience with your Christmas and New Year offers, as it will help your sales go jingling this season.
- JOY IS THE MAGIC PILL
It’s the one marketing technique that comes jingling back every year and yet is insanely effective. The communication changes, but not the positive message. You just need to find the right hook for your audience.
Christmas is all about glee and cheer. But in a country like ours, it is important to remember that the festival is largely celebrated in the metros, and the smaller cities are still catching up. For tier 2 cities, show them through your ads how they can do just that – celebrate and spread the cheer.
Talk about the school Christmas plays or the New Year party every society has. You can even show off Indianised versions of these festivals!
Follow these holy Christmassy marketing tips wholly, and your festive campaign is sure to be a sparkling hit. If you’re looking for a more detailed strategy and personalised approach to make your marketing strategies even more merrier, get in touch with us. We’re happy to play your Christmas Santa and make your marketing wishes come true!
Reach us at:
Email: [email protected]
Call: +91 9820354646
Good luck with your festive calendar! We hope it POPS!
Season’s greetings and happy holidays!